If you’re considering any sort of kitchen or bathroom remodeling project, adding a backsplash or upgrading the backsplash you have has certainly crossed your mind. Backsplashes boost your kitchen and bathroom’s functionality by preventing damage from spills and splatters, and they also create a design focal point in your home. At Floor Coverings International Dakota County, we’re proud to provide backsplashes for homeowners in the greater Burnsville area and today, we’re here to share more about them.
Why Add a Backsplash?
- Add Visual Interest – Backsplashes are a crucial element of the design of your kitchen or bathroom and can help to unite your décor theme. While backsplashes don’t take up much space, they’re an important accent in the overall design of your home.
- Prevent Water Damage – By making spills and splatters easier to clean, backsplashes help prevent water damage in your home. You’ll enjoy the easier maintenance, and your walls will thank you for preventing mold, mildew, and other damage caused by excess exposure to water.
- Reflect Light – Tile backsplashes especially boast the added benefit of reflecting light in your home. This trait makes your space look roomier and brighter, which is sure to raise your enjoyment of the space.
Popular Backsplash Designs
- Subway Tile – Subway tiles bring a small piece of the big city right into your own home. Subway tile designs have been a popular decorative feature since the subway itself debuted in the early 1900s, but using subway tiles as part of a backsplash continues to be a notable hit today.
- Natural Stone – Natural stone tile is a showpiece wherever it’s used in the home, but it can be particularly striking as a backsplash. Like ceramic tile, natural stone is easy to clean, and stone is also an investment that will serve your home value well for many years to come.
- Mosaic Tile – Mosaic tile backsplashes take their name from mosaic artwork and bring the beauty of classical design into your home. Mosaic tile backsplashes make use of small, colored, tile squares and are a smart way to infuse your home with color while reflecting light that will brighten your space.
Find the Perfect Backsplash Today
Whether you’re interested in one of the backsplash designs above or a custom project all your own, the team at Floor Coverings International Dakota County is here to help. Call us today to schedule a free design consultation and one of our expert Design Associates will bring our Mobile Showroom to your home and guide you in selecting the perfect product for your needs. All Design Consultations also include a free estimate and project proposal. Call us today to schedule yours!
You might also be interested in:
- 3 Simple Yet Effective Tile Backsplash Designs
- How to Clean Natural Stone Tile
- Marble Tile in Apple Valley Homes